- Facebook launches Amazon Echo Rival, partners with Spotify, Pandora, and iHeart
Facebook's new ‘video communication’ devices are called the Portal and Portal+, and feature widescreen displays, hands-free voice control and AI-powered cameras and sound; launching their smart speaker business with Pandora, Spotify and iHeartRadio.
- Warner Music Announces WMG Boost, An Investment Fund for Start-Ups
Bloomberg announces Warner Music Group has created WMG Boost, a seed-stage investment fund created to support entrepreneurial growth and unique thinking within the music industry. The fund will invest in businesses in their earliest stages of development that have relation to recorded music business.
- Disney Is the King of Hollywood, Says Mediatech Capital Partners' Bibb
Porter Bibb, managing partner at Mediatech Capital Partners, previews third-quarter results from Walt Disney Co.
[August - VIDEO]
- Start-up hub The Studio officially launches in Sydney
Official launch of The Studio at Sydney’s Start-up Hub with speakers including Treasurer Scott Morrison discussing the importance of startups to the Australian economy.
- US sites continue to block European visitors post-GDPR
Major U.S. news sites including the Los Angeles Times
and the Chicago Tribune
are still blocking European visitors more than a month after the enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation. [July