- Disney Is the King of Hollywood, Says Mediatech Capital Partners' Bibb
Porter Bibb, managing partner at Mediatech Capital Partners, previews third-quarter results from Walt Disney Co.
[August - VIDEO]
- Start-up hub The Studio officially launches in Sydney
Official launch of The Studio at Sydney’s Start-up Hub with speakers including Treasurer Scott Morrison discussing the importance of startups to the Australian economy.
- US sites continue to block European visitors post-GDPR
Major U.S. news sites including the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune are still blocking European visitors more than a month after the enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation. [July]
- Austin tech company WP Engine makes first acquisition since raising $250 million
According to Austin American-Statesman, the company, which provides hosting for WordPress built websites, has purchased Dallas-based StudioPress from Colorado-based Rainmaker Digital LLC. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. [June]
- Facebook is reportedly close to buying a British AI startup to help it shutdown fake news
Facebook is close to acquiring London-based start-up Bloomsbury AI
to help it combat fake news through natural language processing (NLP) technology. Bloomsbury AI has created an AI called "Cape" which can read documents and then answer questions about their contents. Facebook is reportedly paying between $23 million and $30 million to acquire the company. [June