The Vinyl Alliance is an industry organization dedicated to promoting awareness of vinyl records; composed of manufacturers, dealers, record companies and other interested parties.
Founded in 2019 by Thomas Neuroth and Günter Loibl in Austria, the goal of the Vinyl Alliance is to strengthen the position of vinyl records in a digital world. The Association will offer global visibility and valuable services to the industry as a whole, as well as to its members, by pooling resources in research, quality and marketing activities.
Founding Executive Board members include:
- President Günter Loibl, Rebeat Innovation
- Vice President Michael Hosp, kdg mediatech
- Treasurer Thomas Neuroth, Rebeat Innovation
- Secretary Mickie Steier, Masterdisk
- Board Member Nike Koch, Sony Music Entertainment
- Board Member Kurt Van Scoy, Audio-Technica
- Board Member Leif Johannsen, Ortofon
Members represent all aspects of the value chain and include companies like the Analogue Foundation, Audio-Technica, CAF srl, GZ Media, Rebeat Innovation, kdg mediatech, Making Vinyl, Masterdisk, MPO Group, Ortofon, Pro-Ject Audio Systems, Sony Music Entertainment, and Universal Music Group.1