The News Media Alliance is a trade association representing approximately 2000 newspapers in the United States and Canada. Member newspapers represented by the Alliance include large daily papers, non-daily and small-market publications, as well as digital and multiplatform products. The organization has organized and hosted mediaXchange, the newspaper industry’s annual conference.
Formerly known as the Newspaper Association of America, the organization headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is led by President and CEO David Chavern, the News Media Alliance focuses on the foremost issues shaping the newspaper industry today. Among the association’s top priorities are public policy and legal matters, as well as revenue and audience development for the broad range of products and digital platforms now offered by the newspaper industry.1
The Alliance serves the newspaper industry in strategic efforts to:
- Serve as a catalyst for industry growth
- Identify and disseminate examples of industry innovation
- Provide tools to exchange information and ideas
- Advocate and communicate industry views and interests to the Federal Government and to third-party standards and measurement bodies
- Communicate the vitality of newspaper media to external constituencies including the advertising community, Wall Street and the news media