Austin American Marketing Association, or Austin AMA, is a chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA), a professional association for those involved in the practice, teaching and study of marketing worldwide. The principle roles of the AMA are:
- Advancing – Elevating marketing competencies, practice and thought leadership.
- Promoting – Being an advocate for marketing and promoting its importance, efficacy and ethics.
- Supporting – Being an essential resource for marketing information, education/training and relationships.
The vision of the Austin AMA is to foster meaningful relationships between marketing professionals and to advance the marketing field in Austin, Texas, as the place where professionals can lead, connect, and grow. They serve members by advancing their knowledge and network, continually building a community of collaboration and innovation within the marketing field. Some benefits to members include:1
- Educational Luncheons – innovative educational events with marketing experts from a wide variety of industries
- Fun and relaxed networking events – opportunities to build professional and personal connections
- Skills workshops – special programs to cultivate your career
- Leadership opportunities – volunteer positions to lead and manage teams
- Local job listings – grow your career
- Mentoring programs – guide marketing’s next generation