- Condé Nast Names Ex-Pandora Chief Roger Lynch CEO
Roger Lynch has been named Condé Nast’s first global CEO, with the former Pandora and Dish Network exec, stepping into the role April 22.
- Is Streaming Music Killing the Planet?
Futurism reports a study published by researchers from the University of Glasgow and the University of Oslo, that streaming music is "killing the planet" — dwarfing the environmental toll of the golden age of physical media.
- Disney’s ESPN Poised To Reap Rewards Of Online Betting
Porter Bibb, Managing Partner for MediaTech Capital Partners, on ESPN's media earnings and the battle for subscribers. Hosted by Lisa Abramowicz and Paul Sweeney.
- Meet the 9 startups that Techstars believes can disrupt the music industry
Via Fast Company, meet the Techstars Music Accelerator 2019 cohort: The Music Fund, SuperRes, Inklocker, Replica, Marble AR, Mila, Rhinobird, EmbodyMe, and Signal Distribution.
- Spotify Is Reportedly Looking to Acquire Some of Your Favorite Podcasts in Deal With Gimlet Media
Spotify may be in discussions to acquire Gimlet Media and its roster of beloved podcasts, including titles like Reply All and Crimetown. It would be a huge deal as far as podcasts go, with another example being iHeartMedia’s acquisition of Stuff Media last year in a notably smaller $55 million deal.
- 2019 will be pivotal for news industry, says News Media Alliance head
The News Media Alliance advocates for its members on issues such as the recently reversed Trump administration tariffs on Canadian newsprint, copyright protection and the power dominant social media platforms have over the news industry.
- Google Invests $1.2M To Develop Publishing Platform With WordPress, Others
announced Monday an investment of $1.2 million to create a news publishing platform with Automattic
. The platform, called Newspack, aims to provide “a fast, secure, low-cost publishing system” for small newsrooms.[January