We’ve all heard the saying “content is king,” especially given the current circumstances, this could not be more true. I often get asked why that is, and why every professional, whether or not you’re an entrepreneur, should do just that? There are many reasons why, but there are a few that strike me as most important.
- Become a trusted adviser: We live in a free information economy, you can learn almost anything you want to via the internet. When someone is searching “how to _____” you want to be the resource that shows up in search!
- Increase your organic growth: When you record a video, you are creating multiple forms of content, the video + audio + transcription + blog. If you’re not spending ad dollars consistently for visibility and ranking, your best bet is to compound your content assets to increase your awareness, indexing within Google, and overall online visibility.
- People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care: We’ve all heard this saying, I’d imagine ad nauseam, but it’s more important than ever. Think about your peers, and the experts you look up to, I can almost guarantee they’re pumping out content, pushing what’s possible within your community, and helping lead the way and/or foster the next era of innovation.
So find a podcast to be on, or hell, start your own! The only disservice you’re doing to yourself and your career, is not doing anything at all. There are people out there waiting to hear from you, give them the opportunity to do so!
Did You Know...
- UiPath Raises $225 million to automate repetitive back-office tasks
- Darewise Entertainment Secures €3 Million in Seed Funding
- Portuguese AI start-up Replai raises $1.3 million
- Traplight closes €8m investment round
- ‘BoxVR’ Studio FitXR Raises $7.5M to Expand Operations and VR Fitness Products
- SiriusXM Buys Stitcher In Deal Worth Up to $325 Million
- Mediaocean is Buying 4C to Keep Up With Changing TV Industry
- Sony Invests $250 Million in Epic Games
Headlines That Say #HOTDAMN
- Facebook may ban political advertising
- Google Invests $10 Billion into Developing India’s Digital Ecosystem
- Google’s AI Tool lets users trigger actions with natural language instructions
- Byte, the second coming of Vine, is seeing a surge in downloads amid debate about TikTok
- Google Adds New Predicted Audience Action Tool into Google Analytics
- Dentsu Aegis Wins $180 Million Kroger Consolidated Media Account
- GumGum Uses Simplaex’s AI, Rivr, to Make More With Less
- The 23 people shaping the TV advertising industry in 2020
- Apple disrupts digital advertising again
- Adtech Roundup: Top Things In Advertising Technology
- Peacock Marketing Pivot Amid Pandemic and Postponed Olympics
- What went wrong at UBI Soft – Podcast
- European Union Sets Limits on Platform Madness
- Three more UBI Soft execs step down due to toxic culture
- Over 8,000 Game Pulled From App Store in China in One Week
- Capcom says its game sales are 80% digital and rising
- Manticore Games launches $1m creator fund for proprietary game dev platform
- 11 Bit Studios commits $21m to production of seven games
- Apple Starts Preliminary Production on “semitransparent” AR Lenses
- Enterprise AR Trends For 2020 And Beyond
- 2021 Mercedes S-Class Will Feature AR Navigation And 3E Eye-Tracking
- Developer creates VR time machine to relive his past year
- AmazeVR debuts COVID-era concert platform for VR or in-person viewing
- Magic Leap names ex-Microsoft EVP Peggy Johnson as CEO
- Hipgnosis Has Another $300M to Spend on Songs, Thanks to its Biggest Fundraise Yet
- Napster, iHeart Media Dropped From Massive Streaming Collusion Lawsuit
- UnitedMasters now gives artists 100% of royalties via $5 month subscription tier
- Rapper Tailb Kweli is First Major Artist to Launch Album via Patreon
- Omnicom Pledges to Spend $20 Million On Podcast Ads By Year-End
- Spotify crash apparently caused by Facebook, enrages Juice WRLD fans
- YouTube Expands Music Video Analytics Tools for Artists, This is a Mic Drop Product
- More Podcasts Have Launched in 2020 Than All of 2019, Now 1.3 Million
- YouTube may not be the podcast growth zone it was just a year ago
- Spotify set to launch in Russia